HELLENIC STAR SHIPPING COMPANY S.A. is a privately owned International Shipping Company specializing in the provision of high quality commercial, technical and other management services, covering all areas of shipping, to its principal ship- owning companies. HELLENIC STAR has been established in Panama since 1969 (initially under the name BLUE LINE SHIPING), with Head Offices in Maroussi Athens – Greece. With over 40 years of experience, the Company has developed a hands-on and in-depth knowledge of the shipping Industry, both in terms of ship management as well as ship-Investment.
HELLENIC STAR specializes in the Ship Management of large & medium sized Bulk Carriers, offering high quality worldwide seaborne transportation of all major & minor dry-bulk commodities, to a variety of major charterers, commodity traders and operators. HELLENIC STAR traditionally operated a high quality fleet of Bulk Carriers ranging from Handyside to Panamax.
The company employs more than 25 shore based personnel and 130 seafarers on board the ships under its management. HELLENIC STAR operates under strict Safety & Quality standards and is certified by SMC and ISSC.
Since inception, the Company has managed and has invested for its principal ship-owning companies in more than 35 Bulk Carriers of various sizes, all built at the most reputable shipyards for each vessel type.
|#||Vessel Name||DWT||Gear||Year of Built||Place of Built||Type of Purchase||Date of Purchase||Date of Sale||Type of Sale|
|1||CAPETAN GIORGIS||8.775||5 x 8T Cr||1950||Eriksbergs/NOR||2nd Hand||1969||1979||Scrap|
|2||SARONIKOS GULF||13.210||5 x 10T Cr||1957||Kiel Hovak Verger/GER||2nd Hand||1974||1979||CTL/Scrap|
|3||ARGOLIKOS GULF||14.529||5 x 20T Cr||1960||Rikmers Werft/NOR||2nd Hand||1975||1986||Scrap|
|4||LACONIKOS GULF||24.310||5 x 15T Cr||1953||Furness SB/UK||2nd Hand||1975||01/05/1978||Scrap|
|5||MESSINIAKOS GULF||18.486||5 x 15T Cr||1960||Fuginata Josen/JPN||2nd Hand||1976||1981||Scrap|
|6||KORINTHIAKOS GULF||17.823||5 x 20T Cr||1962||AE Frammnaes/NOR||2nd Hand||1977||1986||Scrap|
|7||THERM STAR/MATAPAS/GLORY STAR||16.543||5 x 15T Cr||1977||Minami Nipon/JPN||NB ORDER||1977||23/05/2000||Scrap|
|8||EVOICOS GULF||12.548||5 x 15T Cr||1963||Harland & Woolff/UK||2nd Hand||01/08/1979||1985||Scrap|
|9||CAPETAN GIORGIS II/CAPE AKRITAS||15.057||5 x 20 Cr||1973||Hashihama Josen/JPN||2nd Hand||01//07/1979||1986||Scrap|
|10||PATRAIKOS GULF/CAPE TENARON||21.069||5 x 20T Cr||1969||Sanoyasou/JPN||2nd Hand||1980||1987||Scrap|
|11||PAGASITIKOS GULF/CAPE MALEAS||16.023||5 x 20T Cr||1976||Mie Jossen KK/JPN||2nd Hand||1981||1987||Further Trading|
|12||EPID. GULF/CAPE SOUNION||16.918||4 x 30 T Cr||1982||Shimonosheki / JPN||2nd Hand||1982||1987||Scrap|
|13||CAP GIORGIS||26.408||5 x 25 T Cr||1971||kasapo Dockyard / JPN||2nd Hand||1984||1996||Further Trading|
|14||FAITH STAR||16.918||4 x 30 T Cr||1982||Shimonosheki / JPN||2nd Hand||1987||1997||Further Trading|
|15||LAKE STAR||16.918||4 x 30 T Cr||1982||Shimonosheki / JPN||2nd Hand||1987||1996||Further Trading|
|16||SILVER STAR||17.000||4 x 25 T Cr||1980||Astileros Espanoles /SP||2nd Hand||1987||1993||Further Trading|
|17||BRIGHT STAR||26.408||5 x 25 T Cr||1971||kasapo Dockyard / JPN||2nd Hand||1989||1996||Further Trading|
|18||WINTER STAR||28.660||5 x Dericks||1978||Veb Mathias/GERMANY||2nd Hand||1992||2004||Scrap|
|19||GRECIAN STAR||27.581||5 x Dericks||25/2/1977||Onomichi Syard/JPN||2nd Hand||19/5/1993||23/8/2001||Scrap|
|20||WORLD STAR (TWEEN DECKER)||16.683||7 x Dericks||1980||Hyundai H.I./KRS||2nd Hand||1993||2007||Further Trading|
|21||DORIAN STAR||25.281||4 x 25 T Cr||1978||Sanoyasu/Jpn||2nd Hand||28/6/1994||19/12/2008||Scrap|
|22||LIBERTY STAR||26.684||5 x 25 T Der||1977||Tsuneishi Syard/JPN||2nd Hand||1994||20/12/2008||Scrap|
|23||CAPETAN GIORGIS I||62.503||N/A||1977||Mitsui Syard/JPN||2nd Hand||1995||4/11/2008||Further Trading|
|24||SEA PRINCESS||48.255||4 x 25 T Cr||1976||Tsuneishi Syard/JPN||2nd Hand||1997||27/4/2006||Scrap|
|25||SEA PRIDE||68.892||N/A||1983||Govan Syard/UK||2nd Hand||1997||23/4/2012||Scrap|
|26||SEA BIRD||63.789||N/A||1984||Hyundai H.I./KRS||2nd Hand||1997||30/1/2012||Scrap|
|27||SEA CHARM||63.870||N/A||1982||Hyundai H.I./KRS||2nd Hand||1997||5/5/2009||Scrap|
|28||OCEAN LIGHT||42.007||4 x 25 T Cr||1977||Kurushima Syard/JPN||2nd Hand||1999||30/12/2008||Scrap|
|29||SEA MOON||57.000||4 x 30 T Cr||2009||Qingshan Syard/CHR||NB ORDER||5/12/2006||N/A||N/A|
|30||SEA QUEEN||57.000||4 x 30 T Cr||2010||Qingshan Syard/CHR||NB ORDER||5/12/2006||N/A||N/A|
|31||QS 20060361 TBN SEA HOPE||57.000||4 x 30 T Cr||N/A||Qingshan Syard/CHR||NB ORDER||5/12/2006||Order was cancelled in June 2009|
|32||CSN 1006 TBN SEA DOLPHIN||34.000||4 x 30 T Cr||2011||21st Century Syard/KRS||NB ORDER||30/11/2007||*Upon signing of contract all 3 vessels were chartered out to Korea Lines for 5 yrs @ 19k /day and were cancelled after KL`s bankruptcy|
|33||CSN 1008 TBN SEA MELODY||34.000||4 x 30 T Cr||2011||21st Century Syard/KRS||NB ORDER||30/11/2007|
|34||Opt: CSN 1010 TBN SEA ENERGY||34.000||4 x 30 T Cr||2011||21st Century Syard/KRS||NB ORDER||30/11/2007|
|35||CAPETAN GIORGIS(Ex Ikan Kembong)||76.447||N/A||2005||Tsuneishi Syard/JPN||2nd Hand||19/6/2013||N/A||N/A|
|36||SEA MELODY I(Ex Red Seto)||76.015||N/A||2002||Tsuneishi Syard/JPN||2nd Hand||9/10/2013||N/A||N/A|
|37||SEA CHARM (Ex Sea of Gracia)||76.015||N/A||2003||Tsuneishi Syard/JPN||2nd Hand||19/11/2013||N/A||N/A|
- Our founder, establishes the Company in Panama under the name BLUE LINE SHIPPING and sets up our operations in Athens under the law 89/67.
- We acquire our first vessel M/V “CAPETAN GIORGIS” an 8.775 Bulk Carrier, geared with 5x8T cr, built in 1950 in Eriksbergs Shipyard in Norway.
- We enter into our first New-building order for our principals, for the M/V “THERMAIKOS GULF” a 16.543 DWT Handy side Bulk Carrier at Minami Nipon Shipyard in Japan.
- We acquired our first Handyside vessel M/V “LACONICOS GULF”, a 24.310 DWT Bulk Carrier fitted with 5x15T cr.
- The total fleet under our management increased to a total of 7 vessels.
- We acquire our first Panamax vessel, the M/V “CAPETAN GIORGIS I” a 62.503 DWT Gearless Bulk Carrier built in 1977 in Mitsui Shipyard JPN.
- The Company was renamed to its current name, HELLENIC STAR SHIPPING COMPANY S.A.
- We have acquired our first Handymax vessel, the M/V “SEA PRINCESS” a 48.255 DWT geared with 4x30T cr Bulk Carrier, built at Tsuneishi Shipyard in Japan.
- We acquire en-bloc three Panamax vessels, namely the M/V SEA PRIDE, M/V SEA BIRD and M/V SEA CHARM. The total Panamax fleet under our management reaches 4 vessels.
- The total size of the fleet under management reaches 12 vessels, comprised by 6 x Handysize, 2 x Handymax and 4 x Panamax vessels.
- We enter into the SUPRAMAX segment by placing for our principals, an order for 2x57.000 DWT vessels equipped with 4 x 30 MT cranes, plus one option at Quingshan Shipyard in China.
- We re-enter the Handyside segment by placing for our principals an order for 3x 34.000 DWT geared/craned vessels at 21st Century Shipyard in Korea. In order to maximize the value of this investment on behalf of our principals and to protect them from a fall in freight rates, we directly chartered out all 3 vessels to Korea Lines for 5 years at US$ 19.000/day. The order was cancelled directly after Korea Line’s Bankruptcy.
- After the timely disposal of all our elderly tonnage we are very cautiously monitoring the market for investment opportunities in both 2nd-hand and New-building.
- We re-enter the Panamax segment via the acquisition of a high quality second hand vessel at one of the lowest parts of the shipping cycle, the M/V “CAPETAN GIORGIS” 76,447 DWT Bulk Carrier, built in 2005 at Tsuneishi Shipyard in Japan.
- We continue our expansion in the Panamax segment via the acquisition of a high quality second hand vessel at one of the lowest parts of the shipping cycle, the M/V “SEA MELODY I” 76,015 DWT Bulk Carrier, built in 2002 at Tsuneishi Shipyard in Japan.
- We continue our expansion in the Panamax segment via the acquisition of a high quality second hand vessel at one of the lowest parts of the shipping cycle, the M/V “SEA CHARM” 76,015 DWT Bulk Carrier, built in 2003 at Tsuneishi Shipyard in Japan.